Friday, December 30, 2011

Change of Plans

The kids and I were slated to meet my old college roommate in Eau Claire today. With the icy roads, we canceled.  So we are now readjusting our plans. Tim is on 3 - 11 today, so we can spend a morning with him. The kids now want friends over. It should be a relaxing day for me.

I finished 11/23/63 by Stephen King this morning. It was a good premise, but he dragged the book out quite a bit. Not really creepy, just really long on detailed historical facts.

Beth and I went to use her gift certificate at the nail salon yesterday afternoon. We both have very nice looking hands. We used Andy's gift card at M &C Sports yesterday on a new soccer ball and puck. The dog keeps taking and hiding our pucks.  I think all of the gift cards/certificates are now used. They each have money burning a hole in their pocket - something they were going to take care of today at the mall. Guess that will have to wait for another day.

We cleaned Beth's room out yesterday. That feels really good. Four bags of stuff/garbage out of her room. She now has room for a desk I had in college. She is really pleased. I love when they "shop" for furniture in the basement - price is right.

The ping pong table is still a hit - although the kids made a pact last night to not play me anymore. They can't beat me.   Still the champion.  :-)  I keep telling them they will someday. They are getting better - won't be long before they are beating me.  Andy is quite driven.

No comments: