Thursday, December 22, 2011

White Christmas?

We had a dusting of snow last night. Andy was happy, but not enough to really do anything fun outside. I can't say I miss having the snow around.

I have most of the presents wrapped and food bought for the weekend. There are a couple yet to come. The kids have school today and then they are off for a week and half.  I have to say that it's been stress free so far.

I have book club tonight. We're exchanging ornaments. Should be a good time. Being my Kindle broke, I don't have the book finished.  Good thing we're just being "merry".

Andy has made arrangements to go to a movie with friends on Friday. He is pretty excited to go alone with friends. Tim was a little hesitant - the kid is 13 and he's going with his buddies. The joys of growing up.

We have the schedule for Andy's soccer team. Beth's soccer team hasn't send hers out yet. She is playing with the 10-year-old team. The problem is that her friends are on the 11-year-old team. She won't be 11 until the season ends, so she's slated to play with kids in the grade lower. She seems OK with it so far.  The party we are going to on Sat. will have a lot of the girls there. I think she will feel more comfortable after playing with the girls.

I need to go into town at some point today and pick up a couple bottles of liquor - one for tonight and one for the party on Saturday. Right now I am in my sweats enjoying the peace and quiet. Eventually, I'll have to get dressed and venture out.

No comments: