Friday, March 2, 2012

Welcome March

Updates:


Beth has been studying hard this week. She's had a few grades that weren't great.  Her hard work is paying off. She got 100 percent on her packet this week. I'm anxious to see how her spelling and social study tests went today.  Her social study unit is on Labor Relations. Her teacher had them do an activity where they made "widgets" and he yelled at them, scared them and paid them only one M&M.  He then sent them out to recess. At recess the class unionized and came back to ask for higher wages. They got 5 M&Ms.  She said her teacher was surprised. :-)  She definitely got the concept - hope that translates to the test.


Andy had another band concert last night.  It was a rock'n seventh grade band. 


Work is going well. I can tell spring break is around the corner. I think my students need a break.


Tim has been working on the basement. It's slowly progressing. We miss the ping pong table - it had to be put away so he can work.


Tim and I went to see Ron White at the Grand in Wausau last Sunday. He was really funny.It felt good to get out and do something adult for a change.


Beth starts her ice skating show practice this weekend. It'll be two weeks of practice, volunteering and setting up.


I volunteered to do the website for the skating club. I'm also updating the website for Beth's soccer team.  It's nice to have a volunteer opportunity that I can do from home.


Beth is reading the Hunger Games. It might be a little hard, but I hope she gets through it. Both Andy and I read the series and we want to go to the movie over Spring Break. 


I won the "customer of the month" from my hair stylist. I get a free facial. Yeah - I love to win!


Enjoy your weekend!

No comments: